Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Videoing EXPs in 60fps


When I first started editing video, I messed around with all the settings trying to find the best quality. When I changed the Frames Per Second (FPS) setting from 30fsp to 60fps, my editing program kept giving me errors. Since that worked out so poorly, I never tried it again. I switched to Windows Seven and quality was so much better that I was happy enough with the default settings.

Always wanting to do better, though, I thought I would take another stab at the settings. Now that I have switched from Windows XP to Windows Seven, the 60fps setting works beautifully. The picture and clarity is much better and the colors are more vibrant too. We plan to edit in 60fps from now on, but will also experiment with 100fps and see how that works.

We recently shot some 60" Extra footage that I was reasonably pleased with, and fortunately I kept the raw footage. I edited the footage again at the higher frame rate am really, really pleased with the picture quality. Still working on the flying, though.

First are the four full flights, and after that is a montage containing the best of those four flights. That particular one is my favorite because for one, it's all of the best flying from the day, but I also found a really stunning soundtrack to fit it. Obviously I want you to watch all of them, but if you only have time (or patience) for one check out the last 60 Extra video on this page, The Scorch Trials In 60FPS 1 Thru 4

 







 
Here is the four flight montage.......... 
 
 

The Scorch Trials In 60FPS 1 Thru 4 from Doc Austin on Vimeo.


Murder SHP keeps rolling on, only now in 60fps
 


No comments:

Post a Comment